Here she is! The only Maine wedge pattern camp axe being made today. Forged in Brant & Cochran's shop in South Portland from 1050 carbon steel, this 2.5 lb. axe is hung on a 28" Amish turned hickory handle and comes with a custom Maine-made leather sheath.
Adding to the historical accuracy of the axe pattern, the year of manufacture and maker's initials are embossed on the head --- just like Oakland, Maine's Emerson & Stevens did in the early 1900's.
The axe comes wicked sharp and tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 56-58 so she'll keep an edge after hours of use.
The Allagash Cruiser is a Maine wedge pattern camp axe. The Maine wedge pattern is characterized by a thick, heavy poll and its simple wedge shape. The pattern for the Allagash Cruiser is based on a Maine wedge axe from the collection of the Patten (ME) Lumberman’s Museum.
· Bit Steel: 1050 carbon steel sourced from Lackawanna,
- NY and tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 56
· Handle: 28” Amish-turned hickory
· Wooden wedge: black walnut
· Sheath – beefy 8 oz. re-tan leather hand crafted in Minot, Maine
Markings on Axe Head
· Brant & Cochran State of Maine Logo
· Last two digits of year of manufacture
· Last initial of blacksmith who tempered the axe
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.