The Woods Maine is a rapidly growing, independent lifestyle brand, offering a luxury treehouse experience, as well as a retail shop and e-commerce store. Cozy, comfortable, and stylish, our brand’s Maine-inspired goods are all made with hardworking materials and designed to last.
The Woods Maine has been featured in Travel and Leisure Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Decor Maine, Boston.com, MaineLife, Maine Homes by Downeast Magazine, and more.
- Read the job description below
- Complete the application linked at the bottom of this page
- Email email@example.com with a subject line "Manager Applicant" with your name
The Woods Maine Shop is looking to add a Retail Shop Manager to the team.
This is a full-time role in a fun, team-focused environment that requires previous retail oversight experience. Accountability is key in this position. So you must be a self-starter who is detail-oriented with strong communication skills. Your ability to independently manage tasks while collaborating with the team is fundamental to success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shop operations: inventory, merchandising, seasonal displays, special event and holiday events
- Shop maintenance, housekeeping and upkeep
- Staff training and development
- Schedule management and oversight
- Enforcement of Shop policies and procedures
- Provide outstanding customer service to in-store Customers, and online via text, email or phone calls
- Educate staff and customers about Shop products and vendors
- Occasional pop-up events at off-site locations
- Fulfill online orders, returns and exchanges
- Managing all aspects of a busy retail and ecommerce store
- Cash handling with accountability and utmost responsibility, including the oversight of Staff transactions
Personal attributes required:
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Leadership skills and experience
- Problem-solving and independent decision making abilities
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to self-create and meet deadlines
- Natural inclination to assist and communicate with Customers
- Previous supervisory experience in a Retail environment
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Mastery use of Shopify platform
- Availability to work 35+ hours per week, including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Reliable transportation, including during inclement weather
- Comfortable use of iPads
- General use of Google Drive and accompanying apps
- Ability to stand for long periods (6+ hours) and climb multiple sets of stairs
- Ability to carry 25+ pounds
Please use this link to complete our application.